Gamemode Suggestion: Add an extra lock on police trunks.

Prophet

Whitelisted
LEO
Reaction score
User name: Prophet

Suggestion Title: Add an extra lock on police trunks.

Explain your suggestion, in detail: So as a cop I don't like putting higher class weapons or even a pistol or taser into my trunk because its as easy as a sneaky lock pick and then opening the trunk because in some situations at Hawick motel lets say for example I might be responding to a 32 or hurt individual so that's where all my attention is going and I might need to be away from my vehicle to chase a suspect that is running or someone who is injured is in a place I cant bring my vehicle and i wont be looking at the GPS when the dispatch tells me there is a 99 going on so other civilians can take this opportunity to lock pick my car and get into it and rob it without me having any knowledge of it . Maybe add in sort of like the store robberies lock mechanism and say there is a lockbox inside the trunk they also have to get into to get weapons or equipment out of and let them be able to cancel locking it if if they want to stop if they see the cop coming towards them so they are not stuck in an animation and it gets awkward for the cop having to wait to arrest.

Explain why the suggestion should be implemented: So many policed issued weapons and equipment are running about the street in so many criminals pockets and motel rooms, so either the police put it on their backs and they get held up, or they put it into the trunk and they get broken into or stolen from the trunk, and that's if the police officer remembers to lock their vehicle, which in some situations can be forgotten like a 10-80 and the suspect gets out and then runs in circles avoiding tackles and tasers and gets into the police vehicle, they just have to drive away and then look into the trunk and its an easy grab, but they could try and lock pick it and it there could be an alarm on it when it is attempted to be lock picked to let police know and they could respond to it to give them a chance of not having their stuff stolen.

Do you have any links for the suggestion? No

Reactions: Toss Up

Andrea

Management
Management
FiveM Staff Member
Whitelisted
LEO
EMS
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
My honest opinion on this is just not to keep things in your trunk if you are worried about it. It is already a rule not to steal from cop cars at MRPD, so after it leaves there it is about keeping an eye on your car. If you feel like doing so isn't going to be possible, you should keep your big boy guns in the locker and only bring them out when you need them. It is a good practice tbh. Personally I don't find another lock to be a good idea or necessary. The situations where you need shotguns are very rare, so having them around in your trunk all the time just isn't a good idea if you are worried about losing them. Personally if myself and all officers are downed in a fight and I lose my stuff, I have 0 problems with it. It just hasn't ever bothered me at all. I feel like adding a second lock would be a little powergamey, I know no one will probably agree with me on that, but it's so rare that I am not near my car. When there is a foot chase, I never leave my car alone and always stick with it as much as possible. I usually drive with someone because I don't like driving alone, so we keep one in the car and one on foot. It's a good practice to keep 2 to a car imho. I rarely go without a partner because it's just a safer way to be. I do it, don't get me wrong. When I do, tho, I am really careful with what I go into and I never leave my car alone, I call for backup when I have to. I have only lost my shotgun in shootouts and one time to someone breaking server rules and stealing from MRPD. I'm sure my opinion won't be one anyone wants to hear, but hey... It's my opinion anyway <3

BeastBawse

Administrator
Administrator
FiveM Staff Member
Whitelisted
LEO
Reaction score
My opinion on this is do things to make sure you never let your car out of your sight. Lets roll off your 2 examples to begin with, the first being the hawick 10-32's doing medical. Grab the person who was shot and drag them over to your vehicle or within line of sight of it. It's the cops fault for leaving their vehicle unattended. The second being the guy doing circles and jumping around dodging tazer shots, lock your vehicle the second you step out at any scenario. Simple easy fix that is literally fool proof. When I go alone as an officer, I personally do not carry around shit in my trunk unless there is a big threat like cops being shot or automatics being fired. I always have the basic stuff on me that's necessary. I hit g the second I step out of the door no matter where I am or what I am doing. Adding a second lock for a trunk does not make sense because cars nowadays tie their locks together with their trunk. Unlock the car, pop the trunk and get whatever you want out of it. At the end of the day though, it is not my decision so I am okay with 1 or the other. :)

Edit: Spell Check